THE CHARLIE 25 Backpack
The Charlie 25 is engineered for performance and designed for everyday. It’s the only technical pack engineered to take on the elements while maintaining thoughtful organization to hold your tools, technology and essentials whether you're headed to the office or the trail.
FLEXIBLE SIZE & ACCESS
This pack is able to compress a ton of layers while expanding upward to hold excess gear. To bring additional versatility to a rucksack format, the CHARLIE 25 incorporates a dual-access design. You can use the “cinch-top” for fast access and to compress layers, or you can unzip down the center of the bag to open into “layout” mode to see and organize all items at once.
The CHARLIE 25 also features Triple-Cavity Organization. Pull open the break-out pockets and you now are looking down at three separate spaces to segment your gear, all easily accessed from up top. These compartments are perfect for separating gym clothes, trekking poles or even a huge water bottle.
COMFORT & BREATHABILITY
To maximize breathability, the back panel has a stepped design with a low point in the middle. This allows the bag to sit comfortably over your shoulder blades and lower back while allowing air to pass through the center. We also designed a composite shoulder strap with two different densities of foam to better distribute pressure over your chest and shoulders. For additional stability during biking and snow sports, there is a removable waist belt to keep the pack planted.
The CHARLIE 25 is made of VX21 and VX42 X-PAC™ composite laminated fabrics. These textiles are made of multiple layers of materials to keep the bag lightweight but extremely durable and water resistant. These textiles feature a durable nylon face fabric laminated to 22º X-PLY™ reinforcement and polyester film for maximum stability and weather resistance. The cinch top-is made of a 210d nylon reinforced with Spectra® Fiber for additional tensile strength and "rip -stopping". Learn more about our materials and tech.
All access points have been designed for weather resistance. All exterior panels feature water resistant YKK® Aquaguard® zippers.
AVAILABLE ORG KITS
For even more organization, purchase the additional Org Kits. These two pouches are made to be organizational hubs for first aid, tech organization or dopp kit. These kits can live inside the dedicated “break-out” pockets, but, when more volume is needed, can move to the exterior to free up space inside the bag and gain fast access.
- Top and front access
- Expandable/compressible top brain and side compression
- Dedicated 15" side access laptop sleeve
- Dedicated tablet sleeve
- Fast access 5 liter pocket in top brain
- Secure small organization mesh pocket on underside-of brain
- Interior break-out pockets allow triple-cavity-organization
- Breathable back panel and dual-density shoulder straps
- High-capacity stretch water bottle pockets
- Hydration ready. Can hold up to a 3 liter bladder
- Night-ready with tail lamp loop and reflective bungees
- Dual interior mesh organization pockets
- Daisy chains and tool loops to lash extra items
- Removable stability belt
- VX21/VX42 X-PAC™ Fabric from Dimension Polyant. Both fabrics are made with a Nylon face with a C6 DWR coating, polyester X-PLY™ reinforcement and 50d taffeta backing.
- Weight: 2.19 LBS (992 grams)
- Dimensions: 11" x 21.5" x 6.5" (53 x 28 x 17cm). Back panel height is 18" (46cm).
- Volume: 25 Liters (expandable to 30 liters)
- Body Fabric: VX21 fabric
- Base Fabric: VX42 fabric
- Liner Fabric: VX07 fabric
- Frame Sheet (internal, non-removeable): 1.6mm thickness, high-density polyethylene
- Webbing: Nylon weave style MIL-W-17337
- Hardware: ITW Nexus, Duraflex, Nifco
- Zippers: YKK® Aquaguard®/YKK® RC coil
All our gear is made with technical excellence with materials selected for their performance, durability and longevity.